Wednesday, November 17, 2010

All quiet on the eastern front.

Well it's been a while!

So I thought I might give you folks an update. Update is: we're still at it!

The hardest part about editing this movie is that it all looks so damn good, it's really hard to know what to cut. This is the first time I've strayed from 16mm in a very long time, and I was hesitant. I still wonder what it would have looked like had we had that option... But man, Red looks good. We got to use these new Japanese 35mm lenses that are basically a cheaper equivalent of the Cooke S4i's and I have nothing but rave reviews for them. They're sharper than Zeiss Superspeeds and are 100% colour matched! Amazing.

Anyway, enough geek talk. I'm editing slowly, in part because I'm simultaneously working on my master's degree, and in part because I think if you do things slowly enough you often make decisions that surprise you in exciting ways... does that make sense? It takes time to get to know a film at this point. You really have to dig deep and figure out where the heart is.

Thats my excuse anyway!

That's all I have to say for now. Hope all is well with you and I'll keep you posted! (no pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment